HELP FIND BEAU Click here for more information or go the Army of Four

Friday, April 25, 2008

My Mommy


Thanks for all the well wishes for my mommy, she's starting to feel better. Everyone around her is having babies and she's having a hard time being strong. Mommy just doesn't like to tell people because they give her advice or tell her stories, that only makes her feel worse. A friend told her its okay to feel sad, its okay to mourn, its okay to treat me like her baby! I told mommy she can vent to me all she wants, I'll always listen and give her love big wet kisses.


I find that sleeping on mommy's legs makes her feel better. She asked me to cut out her face since she said it was her "I just woke up" face.

On Thursday we'll announce the winner of the caption game from two weeks ago and post another caption using a photo of Amber-Mae and Faith, it's a good one!
.
.
Mommy helped keep a doggie from running into the street. Sometimes we see this litte dude on our walks around the condo, he came walking near our street towards the woods. Mommy and I were chilling on the bench when all of a sudden we hear the woman scream and call the dude's name, mommy got up thinking the worst. We saw the doggie running away toward the middle of the road. Mommy and got down on her knees and called the doggie over in a playful voice and I got into a play stance. The doggie came right over to her. The woman was so happy mommy and I were there to help her catch her doggie. Mommy was happy the doggie came to her and didn't run towards the street. The woman said she always takes him off the leash and he never runs away until today. Mommy told daddy she would NEVER NEVER NEVER take me off the leash. I'm glad she doesn't, I might run away to play and get lost or meet a mean human.
.
.
Here's another picture of me......... sleeping of course! The stupid sunlight always moves, but sometimes it stops on the couch and if there's a pillow there............. AWESOME!!!!

13 comments:

Ruby Bleu said...

Hi Balboa and Mommy...
You are such a good boy to take such good care of your Momma!!! You are both very lucky to have each other.

I really like your sleepy picture...could I use you as a special guest on one of my sleepy Sunday's???

Lots of Licks, Ruby

Amber-Mae said...

Glad to hear that your mom's feeling better. Oh my, glad that doggie is okay. We actually walk off-leash everyday & many scawie incidents has happened many times. We ran towards the traffic, my tennis ball rolled down the hill & towards the road, I ran after it but mommy shouted & I stopped, Faith ran around like a maniac & forgot there was a traffic down the hill & so ran down there, cat ran acorss the road, we tried to go after it, we chased other neighborhood doggies down the road & so on. My hooman M always panics & always tells my mommy to make sure at least one of us has to be on-leash. And the one who is always running off is Faith. So Faith is on the retractable leash while Chloe & me are off-leash. Then, it's okay. Mommy never allows us to play while on our walks coz that makes us lose our minds & forget the danger.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Patience-please said...

Oh, how very glad we are that you are helping your mommy with what is such a tough time. We know that if anything at all can bring smiles to her, it is YOU!

wags from the whippets, who are sending thoughts of sunshine and snuggles

Lorenza said...

Hi, Balboa!
It makes me so happy that your mom is feeling better. I know your are taking good care of her.
Glad your mom helped that doggie. My mom would be scared if something like that happened with me! So, always on-leash!
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Peanut said...

Oh what a good doggie you are for helping your mom make sure that doggie didn't run into the street.

Joe Stains said...

great job of taking care of your mommy and your mommy did a great job taking care of that doggy!

Anonymous said...

Glad woo are taking good care of your mom. She will feel better soon. And tell her from my mom... it is ok to be sad right now. The sadness will ease with time.
Hugs,
Sitka

Jackson's J1 and J2 said...

Hey Balboa, sorry that your mum is feeling sad. I'm sure you'll help her feel better soon. J x

Petra said...

Good job taking care of the dog, Balboa! And I'm glad you are a comfort to your mom while she's struggling right now. It is good to be sad and to cry, just to get those feeings out. We're praying for her. Sometimes the best thing a friend can do is just listen and not offer advice. (And that's what YOU do!)

Clover said...

Hi Balboa,
Glad to hear your mommy is feeling a little better. I know you are taking great care of her, but I will send some more hugs and kisses from me - you can never have too many of those!
Great news about helping that doggie to safety too! That makes me happy!
Love Clover xo

Mack said...

Balboa...
Please give Mummy extra healing sugars from me, Okay!?

That was so wonderful your mum helped a doggy in need! The world needs more people like that!

That pic of you is great!!!

Girasol said...

You are such a good dog. keep taking care of mom.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your mommy is feeling a little better. My assistant says that everyone deals in their own way at their own pace. I agree and I think that your mommy is very lucky to have you! You are a super good cuddler and snuggler!!! And in my experience, puppy kisses ALWAYS save the day!

Thank goodness your mommy was there to help save that puppy! Whoooo-hoooo, Balboa's mommy!

Smooches,
Winnie:-)